Thursday, January 16, 2014
We made a fort!! The big kids at school built several of them and they inspired us to build our own. Yesterday the warmer weather allowed us to chip off the remaining ice on our driveway and we used it today to build a mini fort.
p.s. I'm not really going to write a tutorial on how to build this. Pretend you are a bricklayer. That's how it's done.
Until next time!
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
I can't believe 2014 is actually here. To be honest, I still can't believe we made it to 2000! When I was a little girl, my sister and I used to try to imagine what life would be like in the year 2000. I envisioned that I would be in a high profile job and could wear high heels. Fast forward to 2014 and my high profile job is taking care of my kids, my ETSY shop, and NOT wearing high heels.
So hats off to 2014. I'm sure it'll bring lots of new adventures. But before we leap too far ahead, here's a look back at some pretty significant moments in 2013.
1. We sold our first family home. I loved tiny bungalow but it was getting too small for our family. So we said goodbye to the city and began our search for a new place. We sold our home during a snowstorm and still had 10 offers! Lots of memories in that little home that I will cherish! Bye bye home!
2. We bought our next home. We moved north into the 'burbs. We aren't too far from our old home but the added distance means we are far from the city's core. So we don't head down to the AGO as much and we've traded in the Riverdale farm for Lionel's. We also traded in a completely finished home to one that needs some additional TLC (when does it end!!!) On the plus side, we also traded in neighbours we never saw to a neighbourhood full of kids. So much so that even on a cold and rainy Halloween, the boys could still go trick or treating (knowing our street would be doling out the treats!). I sewed new capes to go over the kids' winter jackets.
3. I sloowwweed down my ETSY shop and only did custom orders mainly for toddler backpacks. I needed some time to think about the direction my shop was heading towards. Between the move(s), I actually didn't have as much time to assess the shop so I will still be in think mode for 2014. (I am still doing custom orders for my backpacks - just send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. I attempted to start working on my mom's chair. See the pic below for proof! This is only significant because it was a new year's resolution for 2012 and again in 2013. Needless to say, there will be no resolutions this year.
5. I had laser eye surgery!!! It's something I've always wanted to do but didn't have the guts to do until my sister had her eyes done. Yup, I'm a chicken. I was soooo scared during the procedure (yup - even for the 30s per eye). I am still trying to figure out if this was a good move or not because as soon as I had my eyes done, winter hit us hard. I'm trying to heal my eyes during the DRIEST weather possible and it's not been good. As I type, my eyeballs are starting to feel like little rocks in my eye sockets.
So as a result, I haven't been updated the blog as much just to preserve the eyes...
I missed posting a pic of Josh's birthday cake made by Popo
And then Popo's surprise cake
All the fun at museum class
And the numerous Christmas parades and parties we went to.
So as I look forward to 2014, I see lots of changes coming up. Baby bunny starts school in Sept 2014 and both kiddies will be off making their way in the world. I have no idea what I'm going to do but I'm sure my future will include more home renos and lots of sewing.
All the best to you all this year! (Here's hoping there aren't any more power outages in 2014 due to the ice storm and please, no more scary frostquakes!!!)