Thursday, April 25, 2013

Toaster Oven Challenge: Crunchy and Moist Banana Bread



Crunchy and moist banana bread? Yes! It's totally possible!  This was made in my toaster oven.

Most likely all the ingredients are already in your pantry:


So all you need to do is mix the dry, then mix the wet, mash the bananas and throw it all together.


Enlist a helper to mash the bananas


Butter the pan and then dust with flour.  I used my round pan again because I didn't have a loaf pan.


I dug a little well in the middle of the batter so that the banana bread would look less like a cake and more like banana bread. 


And this is what it looks like out of the oven.


When it's fresh out of the oven, the top is nice and crunchy while the inside is nice and moist.  Le yum!


Here's what you need:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup flour
1 pinch of nutmeg
2 large bananas
1 tsp of vanilla

Instructions:
1.  Mix sugar, butter, and egg in a bowl.  Set aside
2.  Combine baking powder, baking soda, flour, nutmeg
3.  Mash bananas
4.  Put it all in one bowl, add vanilla, and mix.  Don't overmix!

Put it in your pan and bake in the toaster oven at 300F for 1 hour. 

Enjoy!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Put it in your pan and bake in the toaster oven at 300F for 1 hour. - See more at: http://handmadebyjt.blogspot.com/2013/04/toaster-oven-challenge-crunchy-and.html#sthash.jtOAT2yF.dpuf Toaster Oven Chicken Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice blog with cool information about toaster. I'll suggest toaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that I have ever made in the oven will have to go into the toaster oven instead. My first challenge? Cookies in the toaster oven. under cabinet toaster oven

    ReplyDelete
  4. After cooking it at the time and temperature it is still not cooked through. How could I have done this differently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,

      When you say "not cooked through", was it runny when you cut into it? Sometimes I find that when I mash the banana instead of blending it, it can seem like it's not cooked but it is.

      That being said, different toaster ovens could yield different results so here's what I suggest:
      1. Leave it in longer.
      2. Consider changing pans. A more shallow pan might help
      3. Turn up the temp by 5 degrees and monitor

      I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  5. I made this today and it was delicious. Baked for exactly the one hour and came out perfect. Love it. It will be my go-to banana bread recipe.

    ReplyDelete